[pianotech] Stwy A (6' 1") speaking lengths

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Fri Mar 18 11:41:48 MDT 2011

Del Fandrich has taught about improved tone with longer back scale length in
the lo-bass and I believe him. His portable device demonstrates this for all
to hear. If you get a chance to take this class you should.

The lo-bass on this piano especially had short back scale and the extra 16mm
helped get the back scale length closer to 80 or 90mm on the lowest few
notes - excluding the tied part of the wire - cannot recall exact lengths. I
would have shortened the lo-bass speaking lengths more but was restricted by
the plate casting.

The original bridge and its cantilever was also replaced with a new bridge
and no cantilever.

Gene

  _____