[pianotech] What is bloom,

David M. Porritt dmporritt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 14:23:20 MDT 2011

I am very aware of how our expectations affect what we see, hear, believe
etc.  Could "bloom" be a result of different expectations?  If we are
expecting decay like this:

since that is what we get on most pianos, but if we get decay like this:

Our brain could interpret it as bloom since it is more than we expected.

dave