[pianotech] What is bloom,

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri Mar 18 18:52:53 MDT 2011

Ron
  How about sound pressure, partial balance and clarity.  The short subjective version is that when I puck a string to test sustain I alwasy try  to pluck lightly with the same amount of force. If I pluck lightly and it just seems to be like a horse that wants to run free and easy...I like it...a lot. If I pluck a string lightly and there seems to be a resistance to vibrating freely...then that dog just won't hunt.
 Does that clear it all up?

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration