[pianotech] What is bloom,

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 08:34:01 MDT 2011

Not just the distinctions between all those things but the qualities in the board that might establish some relationship between them. JD's bloom and swell may derive from some similar qualities in a given soundboard which the pluck test may or may not help detect. While I have my doubts about the reliability of the pluck test it may not be completely irrelevant if the goal is to try and determine whether there might be other qualities to boards that exhibit these characteristics we're looking into. Sometimes if you can't answer the question head on you need to change course temporarily so you can approach the problem from another angle. It's all good.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
(sent from bb)