[pianotech] What is bloom,

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 12:10:29 MDT 2011

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
(sent from bb)

-----Original Message-----
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos at comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 17:59:08
To: David Andersen<david at davidandersenpianos.com>
Subject: Re: [pianotech] What is bloom,

This whole thing came about trying to answer JD's why question. Pretty hard to do that without bringing in the science. I don't think there's much danger of it obscuring our real purpose (whatever that is) and I'm sure it varies for each of us.

For me I'd like to walk away from this eventually with some better understanding of the mechanics. Questioning assumptions is a good start even if it means questioning our new assumptions that derive from conclusions we drew from questioning our original assumptions in the first place.

I've put in a lot of work just trying to figure out what it is that I don't know. And damn if each answer, if you're paying attention, doesn't just open up a whole new set of questions. But too much invested to stop now.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com
(sent from bb)