[pianotech] Today's Puzzle

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 20:44:14 MDT 2011

Balance rail pins too far to the rear, button binding on keystroke.

In a message dated 3/21/2011 9:42:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
adarpub at midrivers.com writes:

It's 34  years since I began servicing pianos, and today I saw yet another
first.   Let's see if you can guess what it was.  The last six or seven bass
keys  were sluggish on an Acrosonic spinet.  The keys were not tight on the
 balance or front rails, the action was totally free, and the key slip was
not  butting up against the keys.  Why were the keys sluggish?

Arlie  Rauch
Glendive, MT=