[pianotech] Lead contamination abatement protocol

Tom Rhea, Jr. rheapiano at cox.net
Fri Mar 25 09:14:33 MDT 2011

Hi Andrew,

After you sand off the leads and clean up the dust, you might want to seal
the leads with some clear fingernail polish.  I used to use colored
fingernail polish when I worked in the electronic calibration industry and
it sealed the adjustment screws quite well.  A clear fingernail polish would
allow anyone to see the leads but would seal them from the environment
without adding significant weight.

Regards,
Tom Rhea
Rhea Piano Service