[pianotech] Earl Wild Memoirs

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Mar 27 13:35:53 MDT 2011

It's not a technical topic, but I just wanted to mention that the Memoir
of that great master of the piano, Earl WIld, is now available. I've
ordered a copy. It runs to 900 pages!

Wild was one of the greatest masters ever of the piano. His life ran in
parallel with the history and development of recorded sound, and he
instigated a number iof "firsts", including the first live television
piano recital, and the first streamed piano recital on the internet.

Mr. Don Manino has written previously in this list of experiencing the
wonderful unique soundscape that Wild created from the piano Mr Manino
had just tuned.

Sorry for being a bit off-technical. But it's nice sometimes to refer to
the end users of our services!

Best regards,

David Boyce.