[pianotech] Last time I went to U.K. was an invitation I received from Knight piano Company, my sister was living in London, so Alfred said he would pick me up (straight away) from her flat; I said I wouldn't mind if

robert wall robertemmett.w at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:46:45 MDT 2011

you picked me up in a (lorry) as I didn't become acquainted as of yet of the
how to maneuver though the (tubes), He said ,"I say these Americans what
next?" so. I gave him the address by telegram when I would be ready. His
reply "well fancy that" the one thing that struck me the most was at the
factory the man chipping the backs would do maybe 25 or 30 strings, then
proceed outside to smoke a "fag". I thought to myself I hope he's getting a
salary and,not doing piece work otherwise he would get a balling out from
his wife come payday. After a nice leg of Lamb dinner he dropped me off at
my sister flat.  I sent a thank you note upon arrival back in the States.
Never heard another word from Mr.Alfred Knight, but thought of his kindness
whenever I sat in front of one one his smaller also as always black
verticals. as always there is more to this bedtime story about 18 to 20
years later. Will write again if  someone perks my interest! Robert E. Wall
 St.Louis