[pianotech] Mason Screw stringer

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Thu May 12 13:00:58 MDT 2011

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html

Dave asks:
>>I need to replace the bass strings on a screw stringer upright, does anyone have a stringing process for these
they'd be willing to share? And/or a source of spare parts if any break? They seem healthy but you never know...

Greetings,
   The only time I replaced a string on one of these was many years ago, but I remember that I had to lower the hook as far
as it would go and still have threads engaged.  Pull the wire as tight as you can before making the first anchor loop, and you should have
enough threads to bring the string up to pitch.
Good luck,