[pianotech] Kawaii Hammer Suggestion

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Fri May 13 09:34:48 MDT 2011

Hi Steve

 FWIW the Ronsen VFG felt is a great choice for this situation both in tone a price. I have installed dozens in all types of pianos with minimal voicing and zero needling or juice. It doesn't get any easier. The voicing holds up and and no constant re-needling as with harder pressed hammers.

  I just re-visited a teacher Kawai upright after 10 years. The piano sounded great and I spent 15 minutes of single needle work in the 4 th octave to smooth things out.  After 25 students a week for ten years! Amazing.SO just my 2 cents worth

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
209-577-8397
"We are what we repeatedly do.
 Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle