[pianotech] Baldwin grand part search - follow up

Randy Rush randyrush at earthlink.net
Sat May 14 09:14:23 MDT 2011

Just to follow up on my search for the metal cheek block insert on a Baldwin
grand.....

I was not able to find any current source for Baldwin piano parts.  Hard to
imagine for a piano so young, but there it is, the state of affairs in our
industry these days.  Thanks to Roger Gable for offering to make the part,
and to Isaac Sadigursky for offering to search his room full o' parts,
unfortunately, without success.  Isaac did have a source of a machine shop
he has used in the past and found helpful for recreating parts, and wanted
me to share that info with the list.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get the end
result I'm looking for via one of these helpful people.

Hi, Randy!
Most of Piano Hardware parts are made by;
Ramsey Corporation
Sawkill Road, P.O Box 2264
Kingston, N.Y., 12401
Phone 845-338-1464.
Mr.Jerry Hart is the Plant Manager and the most helpful person.
Just send him the photo and, I'm sure, they  will be able to help you.
Good Luck.
Isaac