[pianotech] a key cover question

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 14:00:24 MDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
I tuned a yamaha at a school serial number 1415576.  I wanted to remove the key cover but I was stumped on how to get it off.  I couldn't find a screw anywhere or even a pin to lift it off from.  it's one that doesn't get played much but I wanted to correct some lost motion.  I could have done it with the key cover in the way because it folded way forward, but not enough to get out of the way entirley.  There is some sort of little plastic guide on the piano itself and the key cover seems to travel on this rounded metal pice that's attached to the piano itself. I should have taken a picture  of it with my phone.  So any ideas would be great so I know what to do next time I tune it. Thanks
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com