[pianotech] Shank questions

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed May 25 18:51:36 MDT 2011

Agreed, they twist easily with heat applied for "burning shanks" but in the
absence of heat, they do not twist.  Which is, in my opinion, EXACTLY what
we need in this business.  If (God forbid) one hangs a hammer just slightly
crooked, it sure is nice to be able to heat a shank and twist it into
position, as we do wooden shanks.  Score one for pultrusion, I say.

William R. Monroe