[pianotech] Tonal transformation

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Thu May 26 09:07:51 MDT 2011

Another voicing tool you can throw into the mix and which is reversible is
to take a moving blanket and lay it on the floor beneath the soundboard.  It
will make the piano sound less bright in this room of all hard reflective
surfaces.  If he likes the way it sounds, tell him to buy a throw rug to put
underneath the soundboard.  If not, pick up the blanket and throw it into
the car.  You are in effect voicing the room, and this is one of the most
important places to do it.  Next thing to try, curtains

Will Truitt