[pianotech] OT - Facebook scam / Chuck Behm

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:57:05 MDT 2011

 To pianotech listers - If any of you get an apparent "friend" request that
looks as if it comes from me, don't open it or respond to it. Delete it. It
is a scam that I fell for and unfortunately, is now out of my control and
trying to hop to other computers.

It started when I opened an email from someone I knew which looked like a
Facebook request, except that it was from a social network called "Tubley."
I stupidly accepted the request, then answered a couple of questions it
asked me to answer before I became suspicious and bugged out.

Too late, unfortunately, as it immediately sent out identical requests to a
large number of people I've communicated with asking them to be my friends.

Now, it's sending follow up messages labeled "Hey, did you get my invite?"

Again, it is not coming from me. If you get such a message delete it. I'm
sure that the original request I got had been sent out the same way, and
more will be sent out in the name of anyone that answers the current
request.

Sorry about any trouble any of you have because of this. I can't do anything
about it at this point, other than try to let people know. The scam is
originating out of India, so it's not something even the authorities can do
anything about most likely.

When I send a legitimate email about the promo series, I'll clearly mark
what the message is about in the subject box. If the subject has anything to
do with being my friend, put it in the trash.

Thanks, and again, sorry for any trouble. Grrrr.  Chuck Behm