[pianotech] Yamaha Spinet

Zeno Wood zeno.wood at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:00:06 MDT 2011

I would agree with what everyone has already said with regards to the
humidity, etc.

You might also suggest that the guy go out and get a cheap
humidity/temperature gauge from Radio Shack or somewhere and check out for
himself how much the humidity is fluctuating.  The Dampp-Chaser company's
brochure for customers is also a good tool for explaining all this to
customers in language they can understand.

Also, if the guy is a professional musician, he should consider spending
more money on either a new piano or more tunings, plus a damppchaser.  It's
his profession, and he should consider it an investment.  I don't have any
suggestions as to how to tell him that, though!