[pianotech] vehicle lease

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 7 15:14:59 MST 2011

To each his own but I like to pay cash myself.  $2,000 down for starters goes along way towards a nice down payment on good used vehicle and they are around, it just takes a little looking to find one.  We have to pay for the tires etc., on our own cars..  No difference there.  35 x $256 a month = $8,960.  Plus $2,000 = $10,960 plus oil changes, plus tires, plus brakes plus….  That’s a lot of repairs.  J  That’s how I look at it anyway.  J

I bought a nice Caddy that was in (still is) excellent condition with less than 80,000 on it, literally showroom condition, engine and all with a boat load of paper work, tire changes, oil changes to go along with it for $5,000 less than 2 years ago.  It’s a 1997.  Who cares for that price, I don’t.  You’d never know it to look at it either.

Now, I have close to $120,000 on it but, no serious issues at all so far.  Gas mileage is 28-32 on the highway on long trips.  18-24 in the city, on average (depends on how many times I floor it) and it goes like a scared rabbit if I want it too…  Depends on what a person wants but, that’s my preference.  I’m a big guy, I like the bigger cars.  J

I deduct mileage at I think it’s .58¢ a mile, (?) that = $7,000 a year for me as an average deduction on 25,000 miles every single year.

Dave Ramsey doesn’t recommend “fleeces.”  J

Jer