[pianotech] vehicle lease

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Tue Nov 8 08:12:10 MST 2011

I don't see how you can save money on buying $1500 vehicles, with all the added maintenance that comes with it.  I bought a used car several years back for $2000.  It drove for about nine months before I had to take it in for a repair.  The estimate came back at $3500 (not including added work that also needed to be done later).  $3500 + $2000=$5500, divided by 9 months?  That adds up to more than twice a car payment can be.

Also, I had a windshield replaced 6 years ago by someone.  He charged me $35 at the time.  He didn't seal the windshield completely and I was left it and paid more out of pocket to get it fixed.

Having the extra coverage doesn't make me extravagant.  It just means, I am prepared for what could happen.  I also had to put in a claim because someone broke a window and stole my CD player.  $50 deductible for a $450 CD player and $250 for the window.  This added coverage has saved me more than what I've already paid into it.  It doesn't cost that much more.

 .
TODD PIANO WORKS
Matthew Todd, Piano Technician
(979) 248-9578