[pianotech] Beware of Young Chang reimbursement promises

Wally Scherer afinetune at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 13 08:19:00 MST 2011

Expanding brackets story: I ordered a set of brackets for a Wurlitzer grand piano made by Young Chang. Sam Sun said they are still reimbursing up to $200 to change them out, so I told the customer she wouldn't have to pay for the labor. I changed out the brackets which fit OK except for requiring a bit of filing, and did some regulation. I submitted my bill to Young Chang. Sam Sun called me to say SORRY, but they don't reimburse for work on Wurlitzers, though they do supply the brackets free. Guess I'll have to write the home office in Korea.

A FINE TUNE - Piano Tuning & Repairs
Wallace T. Scherer, piano technician, music educator
5020 Canal Drive, Lake Worth, Florida, 33463-8014
Telephone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://aftune.angelfire.com