[pianotech] nomenclature

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Thu Nov 17 10:56:49 MST 2011

Basically, I agree, Paul.  We may be saying the same thing, essentially.
 That is, I don't tell them that a jack is a "thingy" or anything else.  I
do often say, "this "L" shaped piece is called the jack..."  And ever after
it is simply the jack.  So yes, I explain, but I do so using proper
nomenclature.  As you say, though, only as much as a client wants.  As the
eyes glaze, my explanations shorten.

William R. Monroe