[pianotech] S&S B

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Fri Oct 7 20:29:19 MDT 2011

There were some mighty nice boards done in the 1960's.   The actions were soup sandwiches, but I have been amazed and the amount of sound still to be found in some of this vintage.  But really, if you want to have a fully up to snuff Steinway, you need a board newer than 70 years old.  I think 50 is about the limit for full tone in that 5th octave, etc.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html