[pianotech] cat urine/tubby bass strings

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Thu Oct 13 21:40:44 MDT 2011

I'd start by checking the twist at the hitch pin for one string. It might have too many twists as you say, or more commonly, too few. If the tubby sound began right away with the new strings, it makes sense to review your whole new string checklist (tap the loops down on the hitch pins, too, and pull them up at the agraffes).

By the way, Dave Schwartz at Cory Products has a new product just to attack mouse urine. Might help in this case, too, if there's smell left.

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com
www.facebook.com/shusterpiano