[pianotech] Piano topic

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Mon Oct 24 16:38:12 MDT 2011

HI David:

I think it was me, and it was a lot longer than a month ago.  I can't find
my copy either.  But I would still like to ask the question.   I thought I
remembered seeing a post by you some time ago, whereby you have a laminated
cap of established thickness, and you want to set bearing to particular
values.  Since the horizontally laminated caps don't lend themselves to
planing in the fashion you would a quartered solid cap, what is your process
where you are planing the  top of theroot to set bearing, and then gluing on
the cap, ending up with a combination of the cap and the root thickness
where you arrive at the the bridge height that gives you the bearing you
want?  I don't need bearing values, but a description of your process.
Thanks.

Will Truitt