[pianotech] Is this the work of an RPT?

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 2 06:44:51 MDT 2011

No, you don't do it "overnight".  Duaine, you have only been in the business
a few years.  It takes time to get to where Jer and I and other techs that
have all the business we want and need.  You can ask any tech that started
out.  In the beginning years it was "slim pickings" unless they were working
for another tech doing shop work because they had more work than they could
do.  In St. Louis, you can ask how many techs got their start working with
Julius Konopka in his shop.

The "sloppy" techs are the ones still advertising heavy for work as they
don't get the referrals.  Competent and conscientious techs are the ones
that have all the work they need!

Ken Gerler, RPT (since 1976)