[pianotech] Becoming an RPT, For Duaine. was Re: Is this the work of an RPT?

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Fri Sep 2 07:12:20 MDT 2011

Likewise I know a tech in St. Louis that has tuned for 35 years and has not intention of becoming an RPT or joining PTG.  He does attend the Institute and regional conventions.  He does good work and occasionally I run into him when he and I service the same institution (he piano, me organ) on the same day.  He has called me occasionally on something that has "stumped" him and this year when I saw him in KC, I asked him again, if he would ever join PTG and he said - NO.  There again he has developed a reputation with his customers and they refer him so he has plenty of work.

Ken Gerler