[pianotech] split action rail

Wally Scherer afinetune at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 09:49:45 MDT 2011

I have fixed several split action rails through the years (caused by unregulated heater bars being used for 30 years or so), but don't remember if there has been any discussion on this list about techniques for repairing them. I tried searching my.ptg.org, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Any one know if there have been discussions about this, and how I could find them?

Wally Scherer

A FINE TUNE - Piano Tuning & Repairs
Wallace T. Scherer, piano technician, music educator
5020 Canal Drive, Lake Worth, Florida, 33463-8014
Telephone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://aftune.angelfire.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-FINE-TUNE-PIANO-TUNING-REPAIRS/129845010366185