[pianotech] Baldwin grand repetition spings

Barbara Richmond piano57 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 6 08:12:45 MDT 2011

Hi Doug,

What are the upweights? You can get the Stanwood Touch Design Kit at Pianotek and find out where the real problem is--hammer/strike weight, knuckle mounting distance, capstan placement, front weights, etc. On this list or the touch-weight list on my.ptg.org, we've discussed the use of a half punching at the balance rail to take 4-5 grams off the DW (or a strip of veneer mounted behind the balance rail pins). It's fun--when you get the hang of it.

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois