[pianotech] Kurtzman piano value

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Wed Sep 7 18:19:55 MDT 2011

Someone called today to ask the value of his father's 1936 9-foot Kurtzman grand piano.  I have not seen it, but he claimed it was in quite good condition.  Is there a place to go to get a general idea of its worth?  I have not seen the piano, so I cannot testify to its condition.

This gentleman was sent to me by someone who sells used pianos.  Why he came to me I don't know since I'm not in the business of buying and selling pianos.  But I try to be helpful.  I don't know why he was asking, but I assume, perhaps mistakenly, that it was estate related.

I did see a smaller Kurtzman on the internet of similar age supposedly valued by someone at $9500 and being offered for sale at $6500.

Arlie Rauch
Glendive, Mt