[pianotech] Pulley keys paper shredder

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 10:27:05 MDT 2011

John,

That post reminded me of a jig we used at the Steinway factory to cut our traveling paper. I don't have one, but I can describe it.

You can take a 2" dowel or a 1" X 2" strip of wood about 5" long. Drill a hole length wise for a bolt. Now cut slices the width that you would like the traveling paper. Run the bolt through the slices, now insert the razor blades between the slices and tighten the bolt. Mount the jig on something and slice away.

Al -
High Point, NC