[pianotech] petrof grand breaking strings

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:13:25 MDT 2011

So many "unknowns" that us folks in cyberland can speculate about this piano
and the general scenario. Is this "non-computerized colleague" well
experienced in voicing European hammers (he might have been an ace at
voicing NY Steinways but have little experience with dense hammer felt)?
Etc, etc (i.e. the "unknown" variations are endless). Who knows whether the
player is stressing the instrument needlessly or is a very moderate player?
Your colleague may be well served by asking you to "do a consultation"
(including observing the pianist at play), probably after that chat with the
dealer and the Petrov tech rep (preferably with them amenable to paying for
your time and expertise).
Happy hunting,
Patrick Draine