[pianotech] Petrof breakng strings

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:28:10 MDT 2011

Don Mannino (and I think Del Fandrich) have presented interesting bits of
information about this in classes at PTG conventions. The major brand names
of piano wire production make at least two grades, perhaps three, depending
on the piano manufacturers' requests and budgets . Perhaps Ed Sutton et al
at the Journal will write an article with their input, as well as the folks
at Mapes (and any other willing piano wire manufacturers)?? Hope, hope.
Patrick