[pianotech] One Piece Ivory key covers - was Acrylikey

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 11 12:16:27 MDT 2011

Douglas said: " I did a fancy Chickering with full ivories. That is, it had
no heads
> and tails. They were all one piece, so replacing it was not an option."

Douglas,
Why "..so replacing is not an option"?? I have one piece Ivory blanks. You
could also get them form Rick Wheeler. Or, you could get them from the
source: which is some gentleman of an Amish colony that imports and
processes the ivory for sale. Yes, you can still buy new ivory! It is
devilishly expensive but it is available. Just a tidbit FYI
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I