[pianotech] Upright Action Bracket Height Puzzler

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 13 10:52:29 MDT 2011

OOPS! (Hit the wrong key, as usual.<G> grrr)
Cy,
It's good that you were able to get the piano back to normalcy.
However, the "puzzle" still remains, the way I see it.
My supposition: It fell on it's top, (while it was heavily padded, I
suspect). That is the only way that there would be so much lost motion in
everything. The fact that the Bass was way out, points to most of the force
on that end of the piano. So,...the next time you visit this piano, I'd
suggest checking the hinges and see if there is any evidence of distortion,
etc. Even take a hinge off and see if someone might have remounted them.
(case for Gremlins there.<G>) Otherwise, this shall alway be a "Puzzler"
and the Gremlins will have won one.<G>
Regards,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.