[pianotech] Damper wire bushing lubrication?

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Sun Sep 18 17:10:56 MDT 2011

Andrés Oorebeck showed this trick two years ago. Pull the action, and just brush the Protek on the damper wires, right under the guide rail. Then step on the pedal a few times, and voila! (Shouldn't it be "voici"?). I use a foam brush, which is also great for painting metal polish on key capstans.

--Cy--

Cy Shuster, RPT
Albuquerque, NM

www.shusterpiano.com