[pianotech] Petrof vertical string breakage

Joe Wiencek joespiano at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 07:51:05 MDT 2011

I'm suspicious that it may not be the client's fault, Al.  I have a
customer with a P-125 that broke a few strings of that same size.  I
replaced the strings.  Then, on a wholesale level every single string
in an 8ve and a half broke in the  5th-6th 8ve range. I have heard her
play, and she does use a full dynamic range, but it not a pounder.  I
sent pics to Geneva Int'l, no response, nada.  I had thought the
agraffes were too sharp, but couldn't confirm it.  The teacher
eventually traded the piano, even though she first loved it.
Joe Wiencek