[pianotech] Stolen: 1976 Bechstein upright with a swivel stool, Model 12-N, brown

JBairdRPT at cs.com JBairdRPT at cs.com
Thu Sep 22 03:17:06 MDT 2011

If anyone is aware of this piano, please contact me. Sorry, they don't know
the serial number.

Thanks,

John Baird
JBairdRPT at cs.com

I'm writing to see if you can help my family. My parents sold their home in
Germany, and had all their belongings shipped to the US. The container
arrived in New Jersey last week, but was then stolen from the yard!! The
container was later found in a different town: its seal was broken, and the
container was completely empty. The manager of the moving company filed a police
report, but we were told that there is no hope of recovering any of our
possessions.

As you can imagine, we are all devastated by this. The container had my
parents' furniture, china, clothes, countless photo albums, and other items in
it that were of great sentimental value to all of us.

Our only hope rests on the piano that was also in the container: it was a
1976 Bechstein upright with a swivel stool, Model 12-N, brown (the German
color is listed as "nussbaum"). It was in excellent condition, almost like new,
and we hope that it will resurface.

Would it be possible to forward the piano's description to the Piano
Technicians' Guild? I know you frequently get asked for appraisals, and perhaps
whoever stole the container will try to find out how much the piano will be
worth. The container was stolen in Kearny, New Jersey, but of course, its
content could be anywhere by now.