[pianotech] Geo Broadbent Tuning Pins

David Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 22 18:35:22 MDT 2011

I have a collection of oblong tuning pin heads, some work for some pins
and not on others. Schaff has an oblong head that might work, Jahn in
Germany does as well. I don't know if Fletcher & Newman or Hecksher
still do, I wrote to them a while back looking for a square t-hammer for
harpsichord pins and they no longer had the same one I wanted to
replace. If you get stuck try <www.fortepiano.com>http://fortepiano.com/
they can make custom tips to your sample. Those pins are pretty common
in Broadwoods and I've never had a problem finding a tip that would
work, can't remember which one though, sorry. They were not made for
415, in fact, if I remember right per Hipkins, Broadwoods were tuned
sharp, 448 -450.

---Dave
    New Orleans