[pianotech] Geo Broadbent Tuning Pins

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Fri Sep 23 19:23:38 MDT 2011

Hello,

   This  " Geo.  Broadbent" looks like a Geo. Broadwood  tuning pin.
If so the threads fit the threads in the plate.  Many of the  Broadwoods
used a combination of iron and wood to hold the pins.

   The wood pin block is under the iron frame about 3/4  in thick.
If memory serves.  It seem to work but never felt good,  never  felt
"set".
    This pin  (among many others) is part of the rare  tuning system
display in the PTGF. Museum at the Home Office

   A standard oval tip tuning  hammer head will usually  works

           Regards
           Jack  Wyatt

In a message dated 9/22/2011 1:02:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,