[pianotech] Computer Software

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 06:17:07 MDT 2011

Hey Greg,

Good morning!

Thanks for the compliments.  I appreciate it.  Well, we tried
  The main
concern for myself was having something that I could use for a main database
to look up anything and everything I needed for my clients.  Something that
I could use that would auto remind me when something was due with a pop up,
or when someone needed to be called with a pop up.  I wanted an easy way to
look up who needed to be called and on what months so, of course, I built it
with myself in mind

I don’t mind doing a separate billing program.  I admit that I too wish I
could incorporate it all into one but, if there is a way with FM I haven’t a
clue and am not willing to pay more $$$$ to have it done.  Seeing as how I
have thousands of different bills inside of the billing program, when I make
a new bill, I simply hit “control f” for find, type in the beginning of the
client that I am looking for, it pops up, I click in the field, hit “control
n for new,” then I hit control ‘ which then auto fills the entire field with
what was on the previous bill without me having to re-enter it all.  This,
takes me a total amount of about 5 seconds is all, I’ve done it so many
times. Big time saver for entry for me.

I’m sorry it isn’t going to work out for you but, you’ll figure out
something, I’m sure.  J  Maybe someone else out there has something they are
willing to try and share with you as well.

Hey, actually, I do take care of my office stuff too most of the time.  I do
that every day during lunch or after work.  I only have my secretary come in
occasionally, usually during the evenings, sometimes during the day, once or
twice a month, is all, to make the outgoing “due to be called and scheduled”
customers.  Otherwise, I input the data into my computer for the clients
myself, I do all billings and I make about ½ or more, of the appointments,
including all incoming calls while she makes the rest of them when she comes
over but, you were close.  J

I suppose, one could learn the program, ( not for me! I HATE that sort of
thing.  I know enough about it to get me by
  That’s all I care to know
about it.  J ) and figure out what you want for it to do
  Maybe there is
something out there for you..  Hope you can find it and wish you the best of
luck in doing so!

Have a great week!

Jer