[pianotech] theory question

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Sep 26 21:37:37 MDT 2011

First inversion

Yes, first inversion, and the 64 is the second inversion. But what does that mean?  I thought first inversion is the 5th of the chord in the bass. Second inversion 64, has the third in the bass. But how are the other notes in the chord arranged?

C chord
first inversion g c e g
second inversion e g c e
Is that right?