[pianotech] inexpensive alternate to Adjust-A-Bench?

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:24:07 MDT 2011

Some time ago, on one or another of our lists, someone wrote about his
inexpensive work around to achieve a height adjustable workbench. The
Adjust-A-Bench looks great but is a little pricey (
w.adjustabench.com/prices.asp). The work around involved using parts from
Harbor Freight carts with adjustable tables. Can anyone dredge up a copy of
that post? My searches haven't been successful, and the prices for models on
their website (
http://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-hydraulic-lift-table-94822.html)
make the Adjust-A-Bench legs kits seem competitive.
Thanks,
Patrick Draine