[pianotech] inexpensive alternate to Adjust-A-Bench, David Andersen.

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Thu Sep 29 10:26:43 MDT 2011

Great question, Jean-Luc. Here's what I do:
---make sure the key travel is precisely set with the action in the piano. My ideal is 10.2 mm on every key.
---with the action on the caddy, recreate key travel---and do all subsequent work---in three sections: bass, tenor, and treble.
	I do the tenor first, then the bass, then the treble. I adjust the reverse glide bolts on the caddy to make the section I'm
	working on comply exactly with the in-cavity key travel. Thus, you need to
---use your dip block frequently; check key travel consistently as you work. Get in the habit of seeing the dip block as an
	essential part of your work.

Hope this helps....

DA