[pianotech] FW: what is this?

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Fri Sep 30 07:38:32 MDT 2011

Hi John, list,

I'm guessing something is lost in translation.  I'm hopeful that a
technician with any education doesn't believe whapping the piano strings
with a tennis ball in any way increases the potential energy of the system.
 I interpret it as did Ryan, basically another method of seating strings on
(into  ;-]   ) the bridge.  Probably less aggressive than I've seen many
folks do with wooden dowels or brass rods.

William R. Monroe