[pianotech] In agreement with David, NOT

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Thu Feb 2 07:33:44 MST 2012

>Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 7:28 AM
>Subject: Re: [pianotech] [in agreement with David
>
>David I agree with you,  Have been with program for years,  Let the
>PTG Do there job,  If dues is the problem for others,  put up or shut up.
>Lets get back to the program PIANOS.   Over the years we have gained
>much knowledge which is worth more then the dues we pay. Please move on.
>Don Lemoine Florida Chapter.

While it's generally nice to be agreed with, I'm afraid I have to
disagree with such this time.  What was quoted from an earlier post
of mine was in a different context - I haven't bothered to requote it
here.  In general, probably to my detriment, I'm not a big fan of
"moving on", unless the issue has descended into total
irrelevance.  There were/are reasons to continue pursuing certain
aspects of this thread here.  There seem to be many members of this
particular list (PTG members and non) who have continued to refrain
from engaging with the web lists.  They are either making a political
statement or just assuming that things will go along as they have,
indefinitely.  The problem Will was having had nothing to do with the
web lists vs. this list.  It was, as a PTG member, being stymied in
doing what he was theoretically supposed to be able to do, as a PTG
member, by a product, acquired by the organization, that seems to
have persisted in not performing as expected.  To the extent that
such decisions ultimately affect this list, everyone has a
stake.  PTG members have an additional stake in that they are paying
for it.  On that level, the place to discuss it is PTG-L, to which
they/we are all pre-authorized.

>Let the PTG Do there job
There, their Don.  We Are PTG. (And So Can You!). And, no one was
complaining about having to pay dues.  Au contraire, the complaint
was NOT being able to pay them.

As for Gerald Groot's "whiners and complainers".  that starts to
sound like so much code.  But let's just look at one statement:
>I haven't read hardly any of the dues crap.  Just a few people
>bitching as usual.  But, for all of you complaining about not being
>able to sign in, much of it could very well be "user error" as I
>never have problems signing in

If he hasn't hardly read any of it, he should have little reason to
be exorcized about it.  But, most appealing is the implied logic (not
higher logic): it might be user error, he never has any problem
signing in, therefore, it was user error, therefore, shut up.

Now, about pianos...  what's a piano?

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson
Go to PTG-L  -  It's Happening, or will be.