[pianotech] blackening rusty tuning pins

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Thu Feb 2 11:16:56 MST 2012

For more rust control-see attached photo of Zerust.
n many cases, I also put a Zerust capsule in the piano that is
uaranteed by the company to arrest further rust for two years in a
losed space of 30 cubic feet.. You should get some of these where you
ive.  It releases an odorless gas from a foam
lock in a plastic housing.The capsules are pretty cheap insurance(
nder $10 from Amazon). Ihave put quite a few in pianos for clients
ho are living on or very
ear the water where the salt air really penetrates into the house. I
an say that I
ave not had any further string breakages in those pianos.
owever, the numbers are still a bit small to be statistically significant.
Doug Gregg

Doug

We have a similar product here, called Rust Blocker.

Wim