[pianotech] re-gluing loose hammer felt

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Sat Feb 4 11:27:27 MST 2012

Wim, doesn't it wick up into the felt a bunch?  I've never done the
regluing thing. I've always just replaced with a spare hammer I have, or
talk the customer into a new set of hammers (rare for uprights good for
grand customers).  I'm thankful that if it happens at UNL, I just
immediately order a new set.  Hasn't happened once since I got here in
2006. Maybe Richard West saw this, but I would have found out about it by
now.

Would Gorilla glue work? Too much mass added to the hammer?  The others
will probably follow on this particular set.

My 2cents.

Paul