[pianotech] More Dues Paying Fiasco (Sigh.......)

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Feb 7 04:24:47 MST 2012

With respect, Norman, I am not the one who is confused.  It’s the home office, I did my part and got the confirmation.  The mistake is not on my end.  So please do not misattribute the confusion to me.  (Have we arrived at Blame the Victim already?)

It seems almost like you are saying to me that you can’t really expect us to check and see if I have paid my bill before we send a notice telling me that I have not.  Uh, yeh, I do.  I fail to understand why that would be hard to do, even with a heavy volume.  Whatever software you are using for dues payment should be able to quickly generate a list of delinquencies as of 12:01 AM 2/1/12 .  Presumably, the software would be populated by snail mail payments as well as online.  If anything the credit card transaction is easier, because the payment confirmation is almost instantaneous and should be automatically populated in the software.  The snail mail has to be entered by hand.  It seems strange to me that this software (HL?) could not within a few seconds generate a report showing a list of payments received, and remaining delinquencies as well.  Print that report and check each letter against it before you stuff it into the envelope.  The trashcan is at your feet, and letters for people like me are moved to the trashcan folder with a toss of the hand, and do not get mailed.

I’m not mad at anyone at the home office, but it is their job to do this, heavy mail volume or not.  If they did not have time to do all this before 2/2, then perhaps they should have waited a day or two until they had time to thoroughly complete the process before sending out notices.  I did not establish the deadline to be 1/31/12, the home office and/or the Board through the bylaws did.  Which is more important – mailing the drop letters on 2/2, or making sure that the information is accurate?

Guess which one I think is most important.

Sincerely yours,

Will Truitt