[pianotech] More Dues Paying Fiasco (Sigh.......)

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 07:31:46 MST 2012

It probably was a done deal as the letter clearly went out before you
renewed and the cancelation notice would have been dropped.  I doubt a phone
call was even necessary.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

A late update on my dues paying difficulty

After the better part of an hour trying to pay my dues the evening of the
31st, I got in, filled everything out, and payed my dues with my credit
card.  Shortly thereafter, I received the following e-mail:

Thank you for your $275.00 payment. Your payment has been applied.

Order INV-0040688 for Truitt, William T.

                Total - $275.00

                Balance Due - $0.00

*******     PAYMENT INFORMATION   *******

TOTAL RECEIVED: $275.00

RECEIPT:

MasterCard-Web  (MasterCard)

Truitt, William T.

CreditCard  #### #### ####

Ok, done deal, right?  NOT.  Today in the mail I received a letter from
Sandy Roady telling me that I had not renewed my membership, and that my
membership will be dropped in 30 days.  Sigh..

I will call the home office tomorrow, and I am confident that this can be
cleared up to the home office's satisfaction and mine, and my membership
confirmed.

Alas, I cannot summon such confidence when it comes to the functionality of
the much beloved Higher Logic software.  It seems likely that it told me
that I paid my dues, but forgot to tell anybody else.  Hence my letter.
Which is why it makes feel so very confident in the security of the system,
since it's such a big secret to the world that it won't tell anybody but
me!!

Ok, you blame the victims people out there in Pianotech Forum land, pile it
on..

Will Truitt