[pianotech] Replacing dampers on a 1908 Steinway Upright

pianolover 88 pianolover88 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:54:41 MST 2012

You're so right!

And it made me think, my god!!!, what about ALL the other delicate, aging parts, like the pinblock, strings, soundboard, bridges, whips, jacks, butts, springs, trapwork...EVERYTHING MUST BE REPLACED!!!! I couldn't live with it if I didn't do a TOTAL rebuild, on the chance that SOMETHING might fail, fall apart, stop working perfectly, ect.

Thank you Wim for showing me the light! How could I have been so blind!? And besides, the owners are elderly, retired, play the piano rarely, and live on a limited fixed income. But it's for their own good! My new motto: It's ALL or NOTHING!

Cheers!

Terry "UniGeezer" Peterson
"Over 50, and not '2' Tired!"
www.unigeezer.com